Level 1 is for Beginner French Course Level students who want to communicate in French, and develop basic speaking, reading, writing, and listening skills.
Integrated Skills Course
Beginner French Course Description:
During the morning session, students study four French skills – reading, writing, speaking and listening – through a “Communicative Language Teaching” methodology. New grammar patterns are learned in the context of a conversation or a real-life situation. Students also use various activities to practice French conversation including listening tasks, role plays, and discussions. Practical reading and writing tasks and vocabulary studies are presented as well in our 6 available levels. Students can begin on any Monday, except if they are beginners in French. In that case, we have starting dates.
Beginner French Course Objectives:
- Develop listening skills needed to understand native speakers.
- Follow and get the main meaning of conversations between native speakers.
- Speak with some confidence with native speakers in general daily topics such as greetings, shopping, family, etc.
- Build vocabulary about different common daily topics so that you can express yourself better.
- Express basic feelings in French. For example, offering help, agreeing and disagreeing with what people say, arguing about a topic, explaining feelings to a doctor, reporting an emergency or accident and expressing surprise.