During the session, students study four French skills – reading, writing, speaking and listening – through a “Communicative Language Teaching” methodology.
New grammar patterns are learned in the context of a conversation or a real-life situation. Students also use various activities to practice French conversation including listening tasks, role plays, and discussions. Practical reading and writing tasks and vocabulary studies are presented as well in our 6 available levels. Students can begin on any Monday.
Intermediate French Course Objectives:
- Communicate comfortably in most common situations.
- Increase the number of useful everyday vocabulary you need to communicate basic ideas.
- Increase your fluency and sophistication levels when talking about common daily topics such as health, marriage, jobs, and transportation.
- Refine and expand the use of grammar needed to function effectively.
- Expand your reading skills necessary to interpret authentic articles written by French speakers.
- Develop writing skills needed to describe desires, facts and opinions.
- Understand your learning style and be able to check your own progress.
- Learn and appreciate different ways people see the world.